Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer Photo Challenge is GO! 1st of June



I'll post about the remaining meets soon but now I felt like posting just a little something in between. And since today is the first day of our local Pullip Finland-forum's annual summer photography challenge... I'm thinking about doing the photo challenge a little differently this year. I'll post the photos in my blog too. In small batches at a time if not daily.

According to the rules of the forum, challenge pics should include at least one doll (And doll as in "a doll that has removable clothes"). Pictures of single figures aren't allowed. But as I'm a rebel at heart, I'd like to take pictures of just the figures as well, so I might skip some days at the forum and post the figure pics to my blog instead.

Here's Remy at the gate to my "summerhome" for this summer. Because of work, I got to live in this cute little cottage all by myself for this summer so you can expect a lot of pics from there!

---

Postaan jäljelläolevista "ei-postatuista" miiteistä hiukan myöhemmin, mutta nyt oli sellainen fiilis että tekee mieli postata jotain pientä välillä. Ja koska tänään on Pullip Suomi-foorumin vuotuisen kesävalokuvaus-haasteen ensimmäinen päivä...

Ajattelin toteuttaa haasteen tänä vuonna vähän eri tavalla. En ehkä postaakaan kaikkia kuvia foorulle vaan osan kuvista laitan vain tänne blogiin. Tämä on siis samalla oma yksityinen kesähaasteeni. Joka päivä en ehkä jaksa kuvia postailla, joten joskus saattaa tulla monen päivän kuvat samassa. Tykkään aina selittää kuvista vähän jotain joten sellaista hauskaa on odotettavissa! :D

Foorumin sääntöjen mukaan haastekuvissa pitää olla ainakin yksi nukke mukana (ja nukke tässä tapauksessa ilmeisesti määritellään niin, että sillä pitää olla vaihdettavat vaatteet). Kuvia pelkistä figuureista ei hyväksytä. Olen vähän kapinallinen ja haluan kuvata pelkkiä figujakin välillä, joten hyppään ehkä yli joitain haastepäiviä foorumilla ja postaankin sitten sen sijaan figuurikuvat tänne blogiin.

Ekassa kuvassa on maskottini Remy tämän kesän "kesäkotini" portilla. Minulla on vähänniinkuin "työsuhdeasunto" tämän kesän käytössä ja se on kyllä tosi idyllinen pieni mökki. Kesän aikana tullaan taatusti näkemään enemmänkin kuvia täältä.






Ok, I just have to show you guys. I'm so excited, this place is so cute and I didn't think it'd be this nice. I even have a little yard of my own. With a fence and a gate.
The cottage is old but I don't think its haunted... or at least I don't think so! :D




....although I was kind of nervous on the first night there all alone. (I've read too many Finnish folklore ghost stories, haha!)

---

No on ihan pakko postata yksi kuva tähän. Olen tästä kämpästä aika innoissani, se on niin söpö ja en arvannut että se on näin kiva paikka. Minulla on myös oma pieni piha. Aidalla ja portilla.
Mökki on vanha, mutta ei siellä varmaankaan kummittele.... varmaankaan! :D





...vaikka kyllä minua vähän jänskätti ekana yönä tuolla ihan yksin. (Olen vaan lukenut ihan liikaa suomalaisia kummitustarinoita, hehheh!)

17 comments:

  1. Wow, you get a lovely summer home from your job? That sounds amazing!! :D The summer photo challenge also seems like something to motivate people to take more photos ~
    It really helps to have a motivation in this heat (it's already 35 degrees here!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm surprised and happy about my summer home. :) I can't remember whose idea it was to hold a photo challenge but it's been around since 2013. It's a very fun forum activity and not that strict. The challenge is about having fun and taking as much photos as you'd like. You can make the challenge what you want it to be, there are no rules about strictly posting one pic a day, you can skip days or post just once a week for example if that goes better for you. That's why I like that forum, they are much more relaxed than some other doll forums.

      The summer challenge is definitely a motivating factor for me at least! :D I love summer and I'm usually a bit more active during summer, and the Finnish summer nights are so light that you have more hours to take photos in a day. So if it's too hot during daytime, you can get nice pics in the evening too when it's a bit cooler.

      Wow 35 degrees Celsius! We've also had a really warm June in Finland actually! It's been about 25-30 degrees Celsius every day during this week at least where I live. (...and I have to wear a black suit for work... well I don't necessarily *have* to, but I feel pretty obliged to do so. Kind of feeling for Salarymen right now. xD) It's not often that I've hoped for cooler days for summer but I kind of do now...

      Delete
  2. That looks like an awesome little cottage! The romantic fantasy notion of having a place like that to retreat is strong at times. Not at all realistic for me but appealing nonetheless.

    The photo a day idea sounds like fun, even though I'm nearly certain I couldn't actually take a doll photo each day. I'm suddenly intrigued by the idea though and I wonder just how often I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a lovely little summerhouse! I'm pretty much a city person through and through but I know how to appreciate country life and life in a small town as well. I can't help but feel like I'm living someone else's romantic dream. :D Or, to put it otherwise, I like the summerhouse so much and the opportunity to live here came so unexpectedly I didn't even know how to dream about something like this.

      As I explained to the previous comment for Irene, the photo challenge is not so strict and you can post as often as you'd like. It's not necessary to post daily which works for me too, but I always strive for taking photos daily and posting them later on. I think you could try to do your own summer photo challenge if you'd like and post the pics to your blog and/or Insta.

      ...I've understood you are on some action figure or GI Joe forums? Why not start a photo challenge like this there if the forum rules allow it? It might be fun! :)

      Delete
    2. The one forum I still occasionally visit is kind of quiet and full of grumpy old people.... Oh, wait (checks mirror) I resemble that remark! 😄 Sounds like Instagram is the way to go!

      I'm really an urbanite too. The town where I currently find myself trapped has a population of ~50,000 and is about as small as place as I've lived. A small cottage in a small town or rural area sounds nice but *SIGH* but alas...!

      Delete
  3. Awh, ompa ihanan näköinen pikku piha *-*! tuolla varmasti kelpaa kuvailla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pihan nähdessäni ajattelin että tämä on ihanteellinen nukkien kuvaamista varten. Suuren suuri se ei ole, mutta se tekee siitä vain kodikkaan. Pihapiirissä ei asu muita, eli illalla on oikein rauhallista.

      Delete
  4. Voisiko kesä paremmin alkaakaan kuin söpön Remyn nassulla <3 Ihana kesäkoti siulla. Piha on kyllä kesällä niin luksusta, kun voi vaan mennä nappailemaan kuvia hetken mielijohteesta. Ja mukava muutenkin hengailla.

    Jei muitakin kapinallisia! Minä meinasin kanssa aika vapaamuotoisesti räpsiä kuvia muistakin kuin nukeista. Bioniclet ovat ainakin olleet jo kauan ilman rakkautta XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy knows how to start a party! Or summer challenge! ;)

      Kesäkuvat Bionicleista ovat yay! :) Tykkään kanssa niistä vaikka omistan vain sen yhden jonka joskus ostin Oulusta kirppikseltä. Ehkä voisin kuvata sitäkin joskus vaikka kesähaasteeseen ihan sen tribuutiksi että sinäkin kuvaat.

      Delete
  5. Do not worry, if a ghost appears, you just have to give a good blow with the broom and go (although surely be a thief XDDDD).
    I agree with the opinion of others, seems to me a really nice house, and if you already have back garden ... for pictures to be great as many would like to have a garden to ourselves * ^ *
    I understand your fear only sleep the first night, but they sure are not afraid now ^^ the photo is very beautiful, I love this doll, always appears smiling * ^ * A hug! <33333333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that sounds like it will work as a good ghost repellant. :D Thank you for the tip! ;DDD
      Yes, the first night in a new place is always the worst, then it starts to get better when you get used to it. Actually I'm already pretty used to the house now.

      Awww thank you sooooo much for loving my Remy, she is aways such a little sunshine! *huggles back* <3 You are always so sweet! ^3^

      Delete
  6. Kuinka suloinen talo ja piha! Tulen kylään!
    Mukavaa että lähdet kesähaasteeseen. Ihmisten kesäkuvia on aina niin inspiroivaa katsella. Spontaaneissa kuvissa on aina jotakin mitä suunnitelluista kuvista puuttuu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tule ihmeessä! :)
      Kesähaasteesta on muodostunut kesän odotetuimpia hauskuutuksia. Tänä vuonna tosiaan kannattaa seurata blogia kun figukuvat on forkalta evätty.

      Olet oikeassa tuosta spontaaniudesta kuvissa. Tilannekuvissa on omaa särmää ja persoonallisuutta!

      Delete
  7. Remyyy~ ^3^ ♥ Onneksi sulla on mukana vahtikoiruli, joka suojelee emäntäänsä varmasti myös mahdollisilta kummituksilta ^^ Mutta voin tosiaan kuvitella, miltä tuntuu tuolla yksin nukkua! Hui! o_o
    Mun mieleen on jäänyt Subtv:ltä tullut ohjelma "Piiri", jossa kierreltiin suomalaisia kummitustaloja! Hyi että, kun aina talon isäntäväki kertoi, että mitä kaikkea olivat nähneet ja sitten paljastettiin tyyliin, että juu-u, on tällä paikalla tapettu ihminen ja mitä kaikkea siinä olikaan. Tuo ohjelma ei tehnyt yhtään hyvää mielenrauhalleni... Haa, näköjään youtubessa on yksi jakso tästä sarjasta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TItBVl_PjBU :'D

    Kiva kun osallistut kuvahaasteesen! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww kiitos!♥♥ Ja totta, juuri Remyn otin mukaan juuri siksi, että se saa iloiselle mielelle vaikka olisi jännässä tilanteessa. :D
      Ekan yön jälkeen olen kyllä nukkunut ilman ongelmia. Ensimmäisenä yönä piti kyllä katsella Youtubesta "Japanese Try German Snacks"-videota jossa kaksi japanilaismiestä maistelee saksalaisia ruokia ja hassuttelee iltasaduksi ettei olisi jänskättänyt liikaa. xD

      Hmmm Piiri-nimistä ohjelmaa en muista katsoneeni, mutta kuulostaa jännältä ja mielenkiintoiselta. En kyllä ehkä uskalla katsoa tuota jaksoa yksin mökissä. xDDD Suomalaiset kummitustalot kiinnostavat kyllä kovasti eli katson myöhemmin!

      Osallistu sinäkin haasteeseen! ;)

      Delete
  8. Hey, when can we come for a visit? The cottage looks soooo cosy. Lucky you! And don't worry about ghosts. Keep a doll and a camera close by,so if a ghost appears, you'll have the best doll summer challenge pic ever! XD Anyways, ghosts do not like to hang in places owned by you employer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you'd like, come and visit! :)
      Ahahaha! Well, now I can't un-think that... OH LOOK A GHOST! I must have my doll and camera ready! xD I can just imagine a pic where Remy grins in one corner and there's a super-surprised ghostly apparition in the center.

      Are you sure? Old cathedrals and graveyards can be haunted too. ;)

      Delete