Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Saint Lucy's Day - 13 December


Today is Saint Lucy's memorial day, or Santa Lucia's Day as she is more widely known here in the Northern countries. It's a day that celebrates light conquering darkness and hope overcoming hopelessness and despair. Read more about it in my Advent Calendar post from the year 2013.

---

Tänään on Lucian päivä. Se on juhlapäivä, jolloin muistellaan marttyyrikuoleman kokenutta Luciaa, mutta myös päivä jolloin juhlitaan valon voittoa pimeästä ja toivon voittoa epätoivosta.
Lue lisää Luciasta aikaisemmasta joulukalenteristani vuodelta 2013.





I took out my DSLR gear and although it always takes a little more effort to set up my tripod etc. I'm always happy I did go through a little trouble afterwards. I really like these pics I took of Thymian, my Soom Teenie Gem Keny.

I used a little trick to get more light to shine on Thymian and make her really pop from the background. I used a mirror to reflect more light on her and her eyes to make them really sparkle!

---

Otin pitkästä aikaa järjestelmäkamerani ja kuvaustarvikkeeni esille. Vaikka on aina hieman aikaa vievää asetella kolmijalkaa ja kuvauskamppeita sekä säädellä kameraa, lopulta olen aina tosi tyytyväinen että näin vähän vaivaa. Tykkään näistä Thymianista (Soom Teenie Gem Keny) otetuista kuvista tosi paljon.

Käytin kikka kolmosta saadakseni enemmän valoa kohdistettua Thymianiin ja tuomaan sen esiin taustasta. Heijastin peilillä valoa Thymiin ja sen silmiin, mikä saa simmut todellakin hohtamaan!




I bought these urethane Mako Eyes from Sarqq. Eyes can really make or break the whole styling of a doll, don't you think! Thymian really looks amazing with these eyes!

I'm not sure if I've taken proper photos of Thymian with her current face up by Fyrd8th? Well, now I have and I think I'll use one of these as her new profile picture. I've been meaning to take new profile pictures of all of my dolls with my "improved" knowledge in photography... (it's not a big level-up but hey, I'm happy with even a little improvement :) Slowly getting there.

Thymian looks like she has tiny galaxies in her eyes, or rather the whole night sky reflected in them? Very fitting for a spirit lamb whose realm is the night and who mediates between the spirit world of the night and the spirit world of the day.

---

Ostin nämä Mako Eyes -uretaanisilmät Sarqqilta miitistä. Silmät todellakin voivat viimeistellä koko nuken tyylin, eikö teistäkin! Thymian näyttää minusta näillä silmillä aivan upealta!

En ole Varma, olenko ottanut kunnollisia kuvia Thymianista sen nykyisellä face-upilla joka on Fyrd8thin käsialaa? No, nyt olen ja varmaan laitan jonkin näistä kuvista Thymianin uudeksi profiilikuvaksi. Minulla on ollut tarkoitus päivittää kaikkien nukkien profiilikuvat ajan tasalle, kun kuvaustaitonikin ovat ottaneet pienen hyppäyksen eteenpäin... (ei nyt mikään ihan mad skillz mahdoton level-up, mutta itse näen kehitystä ja olen tyytyväinen :) Pikku hiljaa, pikku hiljaa...

Nyt Thymian näyttää siltä, kuin hänen silmissään olisi pienen pieniä galakseja... tai ehkäpä oikeammin se onkin yötaivas joka niistä heijastuu? Se sopisikin hyvin maagiselle lampaalle, jonka valtakuntaa yö on ja joka toimii yön ja päivän henkimaailmojen välisenä oppaana.


3 comments:

  1. Those eyes really do bring the starry sky to mind, they are very very pretty! Eyes in general are quite important part of the styling imo, I know I've struggled getting just the right shade of something to pull the face-up, wig and clothes together. Some of my dolls are still searching... I really want more of these Moon-series eyes for my dolls, if only I can decide which of them might use those :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought I'd only buy glass eyes for my dolls. But now that I've seen how what kind of a difference urethanes make and how more alive the dolls look with better eyes, I'm completely converted into getting quality eyes for my dolls. If not first from the get-go for all my dolls, then at least a little later. :)

      I'm very happy with these Moon-eyes and I'll definitely get some other doll Moons as well... but I agree that it's hard to choose the color when you buy straight from the maker. :'D

      Delete
  2. Mielettömän nätit bling bling silmät <3 Niim sävyisä kokonaisuus tuli tästä nukesta. Sopii tällaisten valkeiden valojen keskelle. Pidän tuosta asusta kyllä todella paljon.

    ReplyDelete